Digital Marketing Expert
Number 2 Munster Terrace,
Digital Marketing Expert with a track record of delivering strong results for organisations across industries.
- Creation, and execution of online campaigns that generated strong results which came in above target and below budget for multiple brands.
- Building up, launched and grew an e-commerce website that had 95 businesses with stores on the site.
- Managing cross-sector the online profiles of 15 brands in industries ranging from pensions to retail and restaurants.
- Lecturer in the certificate for online marketing and digital strategy teaching students about creating a digital marketing strategy, how best to use online marketing and how to track & measure results.
- Radio broadcaster on Limerick City Community Radio as well as a regular guest for Limerick Today on Live95 FM.
September 2017 to Present
Lecturer for the Certificate in Online Marketing and Digital Strategy
- This course combines digital media, web design principles, web technologies, online marketing and PR, social technologies and an introduction to online advertising.
The course includes:
- Digital media
- Web technologies
- Online marketing and PR
- Social technologies
- An introduction to online advertising through Google Ads and Facebook Ads
The course focuses on the key areas of developing and executing a digital marketing strategy including:
- How to develop digital campaigns through both web and mobile channels,
- Using the most effective digital media and communications platforms,
- How to effectively monitor, track and measure the effectiveness of digital campaigns
This is being done through classroom lectures and is marked based on a project and presentation where the students will display how they implemented the key areas highlighted above for the own businesses.
February 2015 to August 2017
Chief Marketing Officer
- Created and executed social media campaigns for brands including: NUI Galway Adult Learning, UL Sport, Steamboat Records, Off The Bone Gastro Pub, DayTripper Music Festival.
- NUI Galway Adult Learning – Through creating and executing multiple online campaigns I helped them fill their courses 40% below budget.
- UL Sport – Achieved summer gym membership sign-ups 50% above target (aim was 300, ended up with 500 members). This was achieved through messaging the target audience in the right way and combining this with advertising. Managed the UL Sport brand online through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and MailChimp where I achieved average open rates double the industry average.
- Off The Bone Gastro Pub – Set up and launched the Off The Bone Brand, Facebook page with average growth of 11% per month (numbers were at 5,000)
- Steamboat Records – Executed the online promotion for the launch of the Steamboat Records Store and conducted the social media on the day of the official launch of Steamboat Music Store.
- Conducted Social Media workshops with institutions including University of Limerick, UCD, Trinity College, Limerick Institute of Technology, University College Cork, NUI Maynooth, MAReI research centre and CSSI
Social Media Success
February 2014 to January 2015
Business Development Executive
- From having an impact of zero online I helped build brand awareness regionally for 15 businesses in industries ranging from insurance to butchery to restaurants to convenience stores.
- Created, maintained and updated the Social Media Success website and blog on a regular basis. WordPress was the key tool used here along with Google Analytics.
- Responsible for generating monthly social media reports for the brands we worked with.
March 2013 to October 2014
Business Development Executive
- Set up, launched and maintained an e-commerce website that had 95 businesses with individual stores on the website.
- Grew the Marketdirect Brand consistently on both Facebook and Twitter to reach 4,700 Likes on Facebook and 1,300 on Twitter.
- The #MarketParty – Organised the launch event for Marketdirect was an evening farmers market in Limericks Milk Market. 20 local businesses attended as well as 5 local bands. As well as this €2,000 was raised for Pieta House on the Night.
2007-2011 Waterford IT Bachelor of Business Studies 2.1 Honours
2011-2012 Waterford IT Masters of Business Studies in Marketing 2.1 Honours
Weekly radio show
|Social Media||Expert||Managed and grew the online profiles of:|
|Online Marketing||Excellent||Created and executed campaigns for:
|Facebook Advertising||Excellent||Campaign for NUI Galway achieved targets and came in 40% below budget|
|Canva (image/brochure design)||Advanced|
- Regular speaker for the Masters of Business Studies Stream in WIT.
- Speaker at the Social Savvy Conference for Third Levels alongside speakers from Cambridge University, Hubspot, LinkedIn and LIT.
- A regular guest on Limerick Today on Limericks Live 95FM discussing topical social media and tech issues.
- Volunteer as a Radio presenter on Limerick City Community Radio where I host a weekly show.
References Are Available